Update on my paruresis

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
onlyafool123

Update on my paruresis

Post by onlyafool123 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Hello,

I have had moderate severe paruresis for most my life
Up until i found the sites i improved my situation quite well. I was unable to urinate in cubicles in public now i can quite confidently use cubicals at most times. I have let paruresis or used paruresis as an excuse from many outings job opportunities and so on. It does not faze me as much as it did especially from telling people and just practicing. I want to know about anyone else that has had success from finding information thank you for reading.

rossco309

Re: Update on my paruresis

Post by rossco309 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi, I assume you have read Steven Soifer's book "Shy Bladder Syndrome". When I started down my recovery road I purchased another book from the IPA site,- "Free 2 P - A Self-help Guide for Men with Paruresis". It wasn't cheap ($25 US plus postage in 2007) but well worth it. It contains many practical ideas/suggestions to put into practice while doing exposure practice and gives you a much greater understanding about your paruresis, it's causes and effects and what you can do to overcome it.

onlyafool123

Re: Update on my paruresis

Post by onlyafool123 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:08 pm

I will have to purchase and read it ive had some hit a miss with practice lately.