New to the group in Sydney

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Sam1002

New to the group in Sydney

Post by Sam1002 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:03 am

Hi,

I am new to this group. I am 43yrs old, fit and healthy. I went to a workshop in London about 10yrs ago and like most people have managed with this condition since then. I am generally fine using cubicles but not so good with urinals unless there is nobody around. I just decided to check to see if there was a group in Sydney and discovered this site. I am thinking of going to the monthly catch up on Thursday night but was wondering what to expect. Anybody on here care to share what the format is, how many people attend, where etc. I have only ever told one of my past partners about this problem when I was back in London but haven't since. I guess being single helps. In truth I have been too embarrassed to mention it to anyone for obvious reasons. And am even nervous about going to one of these catch-ups in case there will be someone there I know. But on the other hand it would be good to possibly meet some people who have the same problem for a bit of moral support. BTW I live in inner east Sydney.

rossco309

Re: New to the group in Sydney

Post by rossco309 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Sam,

the Sydney Group meet each month near Town Hall Station. I used to be regular attender but haven't been for some months now. They are a very friendly group, who like you, all have paruresis and are seeking to improve like you.

If you are coming along for the first time, don't come fluid loaded. You will just spend the time talking to John (our PAA President)

Ross.

P.S. Sorry, Ross, but I have edited out some of your post. I am grateful that you replied to Sam, but I do not divulge details of our meeting arrangements publicly. If people want to come, they should email me at recov2000@hotmail.com
For the record, I have been in touch with Sam by email, but I left his post unanswered to see if anyone else would reply.
JohnW