Urologist Flow Study

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Derek

Re: Urologist Flow Study

Post by Derek » Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 am

Sam1002 wrote:Hi Ross,

How did you go with surgery to open up our urethra? I had to do this test before about 10 years back and they found out my flow was equivalent to a 50/60 year old man (I was in my early 30's at the time). Apparently I have an unusual shaped urethra which is quite narrow and effects the strength of my flow and my ability to start a flow. It also means I don't empty my bladder properly which causes me to get up at least once or twice a night and when I drink beer as much as 5 or 6 times a night. They said at the time I could have surgery to help fix this problem but the outcome would be that I would ejaculate into my bladder so I decided to give that a miss. At least until I am older. I am 43yrs old now.

I would be interested to know if the opening up of your urethra had a positive affect on your paruresis.

Regards,

Sam

Have not had this test, but would be very interested to give it a go.
I am convinced there are some physical/ physiological aspects to many paruretics, but just one of the risk factors.
Most of us are aware of our limitations and shortcomings, not just with AP, but in other aspects of our lives.
Neuronal input to the bladder , and slow/weak flow rate may be one of them.
Until more research is done, with published scientific papers, we will never know.
On the topic of drinking beer or alcohol, it is best not to too early before bed.
Similarly I will wake up needing to pee, and sometimes in the middle of an AP unfriendly dream! (eg having to pee into a spa bath, a water urinal, a unisex urinal etc_.)