Update on my path

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
onlyafool

Update on my path

Post by onlyafool » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 am

Just recently started from peeing two doors down from someone to next to them in a cubical my case of paruresis is severe and is slowly becomming better.
So i have kept practicing alot and was wondering when transitioning what should i do practice alot for weeks or go back to normal practicing?

JJ_29

Re: Update on my path

Post by JJ_29 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Heh Buddy, I find success rate is linked to mental mood at the time, if your in the pits and paruretic it tends to aggravate the s h i Z a out of the condition and make it worse, If you just won 400 on the dogs however, nothing seems to phase ya. Good to see ya making progress.

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks for the advice sort of wanted to be at this level for a long time see it as a faster path so too lose it again i would hate myself

Derek

Post by Derek » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 pm

onlyafool wrote:Thanks for the advice sort of wanted to be at this level for a long time see it as a faster path so too lose it again i would hate myself
Some regression is inevitable when recovering, the key is not to beat yourself up over it.
Just say, "'I know what that is, that's called a misfire."".
This trivialises it, and you can try again another day.
The key is not to let it define who you are, or your self-esteem.

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 am

Yer definatly no negative behavior, i thing i find strange is i empty out all my urine each practice, i don't breath hold nor see a psychologist i started from peeing miles away from troffs in a cubical that took a while to achieve that then two doors down from people to going next to someone in a cubical so i guess it's different for all people.