HELLO EVERYONE :)

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
JJ_29

HELLO EVERYONE :)

Post by JJ_29 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm

heh, I just thought I'd say hi, new to this forum, from Adelaide.

I asked the doctor the other month, howcome doctors haven't got on top of this by now, I mean pace makers / curing womens problems but we cant develop a device to relax the sphincter, ...
He.....like all doctors, cant even comprehend the idea of such a device and shrugged it off with a raised eyebrow as if its out of the question now and forever will be.

This kind of medical un professionalism on top of the negating responsibility to prescribe a sufferer with any kind of anti anxiety medication has made my little faith in the medical system completely vanish and probably never will return. Thank you South Australia, for ruining humanity.
The end.

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: HELLO EVERYONE :)

Post by JohnW » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 pm

JJ_29,
Welcome to the forum.
It is certainly frustrating to find medical professionals dismissing our difficulties. In recent years I have made it a practice to raise the matter of paruresis with doctors. Of the two G.P.'s I am thinking of, the first seemed to be aware of the condition, and the second certainly was aware of it, since he himself experienced a bout of paruresis at an earlier stage of his life. The most recent example, however, was anything but positive - a hospital registrar who wasn't the least interested in what I (a mere patient) was telling him.

Perhaps you should try another doctor.

JohnW

onlyafool

Re: HELLO EVERYONE :)

Post by onlyafool » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

Hello, I am also from adelaide and had this condition for a long time with only starting to try and overcome it six months ago. It does take a long time
and im sure anyone can overcome it. I havn't really heard of using medication to beat paruresis it seems to just make life seem nicer but that is my opinion
alot of practice over years and hopefully you won't have this problem.