New milestone

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Damian

New milestone

Post by Damian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Well a test was made for me this weekend just gone.

I have not been to a football grand final ever due to the 80,000 other people around also wanting to use the loo that I will need to use. And knowing you will be there for about 5 hours I have always avoided them.

So I didn't use the wee wall as I'm still building up to that.

However I was able to use the stall on 2 occasions in 2 different and challenging locations.

I would normally go to a distant quiet toilet somewhere, which by habit I tried to do, but was unable, so had to use a full peak hour packed one. There were about 10 wee walls and only 3 stalls, so the pressure was on. I tried to relax and think o other things and after a slow start became successful. Hooray

On the second try in the stadium, not as many people but still a busy restroom where I had to wait for a stall to be free. And same thing I had success.

These situations were usually at a 10 difficulty level for me, however this time was down to a 5 this time around.

I just don't think about going nearly as much as I used to.

Confidence building is slowly helping open my horizons, allowing me to venture out more.

Still so jealous of all the other guys who could whip it out by the wee walls, though I must not forget my progress..

Derek

Re: New milestone

Post by Derek » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:03 am

Well done, sports stadiums and situations like travelling usually present the most trouble to AP'ers.
Sometimes you are better off using survival modes in these circumstances, and continue working on recovery strategies under more favourable conditions.

OnlyHuman

Post by OnlyHuman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Yeah, well done.

Major sporting events, rock concerts, busy pubs, etc have all been challenging for me. Didn't realise I'd unconsciously avoided them (except for a few) my whole life. I just wait for a stall now, which is okay for me. Can't wait to rock up to the urinal - ah, it's good to have a goal! :)

I remember when I used to go to pubs getting myself quickly pissed enough so that I could pee at the urinal. I had to be pretty drunk. :lol:

Damian

Post by Damian » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 am

Yes drinking enough alcohol was the only way I was able to go in my nightclub days, but never in a urinal, stall only.

its always a few steps at a time