Poll: Age of onset of paruresis

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
failure

Re: Poll: Age of onset of paruresis

Post by failure » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 am

Option 3. I was in the middle school bathroom for the first time. I was at the urinal and beginning to piss. Two bullies from the upper class came in. One hit me in the back. I stopped peeing. The other stood in the urinal next to me and leaned over to see if I was going. I wasn't. He yelled to everyone that I had stage fright and couldn't piss. I never went in a school bathroom after that. I urinated when I got up to go to school (7:30 am). I got home from school about 9 hours later. I was bursting and in pain. Sometimes I was so full that it would take sometimes 30 minutes to begin to pee. One time I had to stay in school an hour later for a band rehearsal. When I got home I couldn't pee at all. After dinner I told my mother that I can't go to the bathroom. It was a 12 hours since I peed. She took me to the ER. They catheterized me. I was holding more than a liter of urine. :shock:

r

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Age of onset of paruresis

Post by JohnW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 am

Thank you for your post. A significant number of people with paruresis began to have the problem after an incident such as what you experienced.

Could I respectfully suggest that your username be altered to "past failure", for paruresis does not have to continue being a hardship for us. Unless you want to apply "failure" to my paruresis-confronting motto, "NEVER GIVE UP!" - in which case you can say that you failed to give up! :)

JohnW