Hello Folks

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Mike

Hello Folks

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Hello Folks,

I am new to this association which I stumbled apon whilst 'Googling' about bladder issues.

I have browsed the the Australian and International web sites to get an overview of what Paruresis is.
This forum was particularly interesting and informative.

I have come to the conclusion that I have, and have had for as long as I can remember, a mild case of Paruresis.
I say mild becuase it varies as do all things in life.

I would like to talk and understand more about Paruresis and am looking for guidance as to the best way to go about it.

Regards
Michael.
(Sydney NSW)

rossco309

Re: Hello Folks

Post by rossco309 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Michael,
Welcome to the Paruresis Association of Australia (PAA) web site.

Part of recovery from this social anxiety disorder is to talk to others about it. It helps remove the secrecy we have all used during our lives to avoid the embarrassment of having others find out about it. The Sydney Support Group is a great place to start. We usually meet near Town Hall Station at 7.30pm on the first Thursday of the month. Please email John at recov2000@hotmail.com to get more details of where we meet. You will be amazed how similar all your paruresis symptoms are to other sufferers, and just being to be able to talk to others, who understand, will help you in your recovery.

Once I found out that my disorder had a medical name, and it could be treated, I started by telling my wife, then my grown up children. I have also told other close relatives that I felt needed to know.
A good web article to copy and let others read is found at > http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... drome?open

Ross

Mike

Re: Hello Folks

Post by Mike » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 am

Hello Ross,

Thanks for replying to my post.

I have taken your advice and emailed John.
I look forward to meeting and discussing Paruresis with others who understand what it is and what it is like to live with.

The simple discoveries of the name(Paruresis), the Association, web site and support group gave me a feeling of relief.
I am not yet in a position to openly advise people that I experience Paruresis but plan to work towards that goal.

Thanks again.

Regards
Michael.