MELBOURNE WORKSHOP 2011

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Jack

Re: MELBOURNE WORKSHOP 2011

Post by Jack » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 am

I'm really looking forward to this event, i think it'll really help those of us who attend.

Me and my pee buddy will be going. Anyone else?

JohnW
Site Admin

Post by JohnW » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 am

Jack wrote: Me and my pee buddy will be going. Anyone else?
Jack,
If you are the one person to apply so far, and if your pee buddy applies, we still need 8 more!
I know it's not quite a week since it was announced, but I'm not exactly being rushed! :)
Watch this space for current updates to the number of applications received.

JohnW

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi All Readers,

as someone who suffered from severe Avoidant Paruresis for over 44 years, and have posted fairly regularly on this site.
I need to tell you that I have benefited tremendously from being able to attend 2 workshops in Sydney in the last 5 years.

So, If you are thinking of attending this workshop in Melbourne I would recommend you do so. It is well worth the expence and time, and you will meet up with others who understand what you have been going through.

The help I received, especially on my first workshop, was unbeleivable !!!! and I was able to turn my life around, no longer controlled by my irrational thinking about this social anxiety disorder. For the first time in 44 years I was able to start using public toilets again without too much anxiety.

Again I recommend you attend this workshop if you are able, and start to make progress in your recovery.

(please email/private msg PM me if you would like to know more about my experiences at the workshops etc)

rossco

JohnW
Site Admin

MELBOURNE WORKSHOP 2011 UPDATE

Post by JohnW » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

I have now received 3 applications - so 7 to go.
(Days left to make the numbers: 4 - edited on 25th Feb.)

JohnW

JohnW
Site Admin

Post by JohnW » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 pm

WORKSHOP CANCELLED

By 1st March, I had only four applications, which gave me no alternative but to cancel.

However, in order to provide for those four, I am now proposing a "budget workshop" limited to FIVE applicants, which I shall take in my Melbourne motel/hotel room. With such arrangements, the expenses will be much lower, and I expect the fee to be reduced to about $200. Also, with such low numbers, it will be possible to provide "individual attention" periods during the weekend. I have approached those four applicants to see if the new proposal is acceptable, and I still have to hear back from two of them. If all four agree to the proposal, I shall then see if a date a few weeks later is O.K., in order to include one other inquirer who needs a later date. That will make up the five. If a later date is not suitable for all four, then I shall announce that situation here in this forum thread, in the hope that some other "fifth person" will apply for 1st-3rd April.

JohnW

JohnW
Site Admin

Post by JohnW » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 am

Derek,

Sorry, but I had to delete both posts. I usually delete the spurious ones before too many see them (and are tempted to click on their links - quite hazardous), but for some reason I couldn't get internet access last night.

JohnW