Ultrasound of Prostate & Bladder

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
rossco309

Ultrasound of Prostate & Bladder

Post by rossco309 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm

I am glad I am much improved with my paruresis.
Today I had to have tests on my urethra, prostate, kidneys & bladder . This involved drinking 1 litre of water 1 1/2 hrs before so that my bladder would be full. This brought back all sorts of memories from AP Workshops !!
Anyway before the ultrasound was done I spoke to the receptionist and the ultrasound guy and gave them both a copy of the Good Web Article ( my last post on this chat page.)
When I got into the ultrasound room, the fellow said that he had similar problems with shy bladder, so I was able to share with him briefly some of my experiences and the recovery process. After the first ultrasound, he sent me to the toilet to fully empty out my bladder, and then return for further scans etc... In the past I would have been struggling to be able to start to empty out, but not anymore!! Thanks to all the hard work I have been putting in over the last 4 years or so, and all the support from fellow sufferers.

I hope other AP sufferers can make use of this article to 'get the word' out to other medical staff.

Now all I have to do is wait for my results !!! Looks like my kidney stones have grown bigger !!!

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: Ultrasound of Prostate & Bladder

Post by JohnW » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi Ross,
I had a similar experience with Ultrasound some time back, with my kidneys the main interest, although not for stones, I am pleased to say. But I had to go through the routine of being fluid-loaded and having the Ultrasound before and after emptying my bladder. I did of course have no problem with the latter, and I must admit that the circumstances were as private as one could wish for. On my return for the second Ultrasound, I asked the nurse if clients ever had a problem empyting their bladder for this procedure, and she confirmed that to be the case. So I then told her about Paruresis and the support work. The test had one agreeable outcome beyond clearing me of any apparent kidney problems: it seems that I managed to empty my bladder in a thorough-going fashion, with very little residual remaining. So I scored a point for Paruresis recovery!

JohnW