Newcastle Support Group now on!

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Derek

Newcastle Support Group now on!

Post by Derek » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Dear all,
It has been a long time coming, but myself and another Novocastrian sufferer of similar recovery levels, have initiated and are commited to a new support group in NSW's 2nd largest city.
Both of us are reasonably recovered, about 70 - 80%, but need to push the boundaries further out of any possible stale-mate situations that occur when one does not get to do recovery work, especially in a support group situation, often enough.
We met at Stockland Jesmond, and had good success at a relatively AP friendly venue where dividers are predominant, and even in the dreaded 2-man trough.
We plan to meet bi-monthly, ie every 2nd month, for anyone else who is interested.
The venue and dates/times will be decided and posted on this web-site.
If everyone is agreeable to one venue, with as close as possible to the "full spectrum" of difficulty levels, then we will keep it there.
Anyone of any level of recovery is welcome to contact me at
themeades@optusnet.com.au
Like a lot of people whose wives or partners are not particularly supportive of paruresis recovery efforts, we plan to only meet in shopping centres, and not in private homes.
John please feel free to add my name as an official contact -for anyone up in this neck of the woods, where it is still a big deal to get to Sydney.
Regards to all, Derek

crowtrap

Re: Newcastle Support Group now on!

Post by crowtrap » Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Derek,
I am a new member & suffer from Paruresis, live in the Hunter Valley, the whole idea of having a piss buddy I find rather odd, if I was to join a support group, Newcastle would be the closest.
Chris.

Derek

Re: Newcastle Support Group now on!

Post by Derek » Fri May 27, 2011 1:54 pm

crowtrap wrote:Hi Derek,
I am a new member & suffer from Paruresis, live in the Hunter Valley, the whole idea of having a piss buddy I find rather odd, if I was to join a support group, Newcastle would be the closest.
Chris.
Chris,
I will send you a Private Message re: Newcastle and Hunter Valley Support Group.
I live in the Maitland area, which is more or less the ""western suburbs"" of Newcastle.
The idea of meeting up with ""pee buddies"" may sound odd, but it is the best way to improve and make a big dent in the problem.
My wife thinks the whole idea of meeting pee buddies and going around to different public toilets is strange, I just told her the only thing that is strange is society wanting males to stand right next to each other, totally exposed, and then be expected to urinate without any inhibitions.
That shut her up real quick!
We have a have to survive, and have a right to survive in the world we live in, so we don't have a choice here.
As I said, I will send you a PM,
Derek