Warning re Spam Posts

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
JohnW
Site Admin

Warning re Spam Posts

Post by JohnW » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 pm

This forum is receiving a lot of spam posts. Usually I delete them pretty quickly. I have stopped banning the usernames of those involved, because the people simply re-register with a new username. It takes me a lot less time to delete the posts than banning the usernames.

In case you are not aware of it, let me warn you that clicking on links in spam posts is very bad practice. It may lead to your computer being infected by some nasty. Far better to ignore your curiosity than to get trouble for yourself and for others who trust emails or posts which come under your name. We won't thank you for any trouble you cause US!

JohnW

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: Warning re Spam Posts

Post by JohnW » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi John,

I am continuing to delete posts, and banning suspect spammer names. I think it is worthwhile stopping them before they post, as it will stop their excitement of seeing their post on our talk page.

Ross (on your old login)

Can we get permission to delete these spammers all together?

JohnW
Site Admin

Post by JohnW » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Ross,

Darren has altered the settings, so that dodgy-looking usernames will simply be ignored, and denied registration. But I can assure you that it is MUCH quicker to delete posts than to deal with the usernames.

And BTW there is no evidence that they visit the site to see the results of their efforts. So there is no "excitement" involved.

Legitimate users seeking registration should email me at recov2000AThotmail etc. if you think I have classified your username as dodgy, unfairly.

JohnW

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Hey guys on a similar note i can see this site may get some negative people on here due to paruresis becomming more well known and out the shadows.
my email address is whynottrythisATLIVE.COM and i would like anyone to email so that i can still recieve help, feedback and support from other sufferers and vice versa. It may become harder to pick out who is here for the right and wrong reasons because im a fairly new member i don't want to lose any help thanks.