Drug Testing - Major Changes

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
rossco309

Drug Testing - Major Changes

Post by rossco309 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Pshy recently loaded this onto the IPA site. It's very relevent to Australian Paruresis Sufferers and worth the read.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nationa ... -bjj2.html

Derek

Re: Drug Testing - Major Changes

Post by Derek » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Rossco,
In the industry I work in, employess are subject to "random" drug tests - which is more likely "targeted" - as they know who the past offenders are, and are often tipped off on who has been known to have smoked pot, or used other recreational drugs.
They use urine, as far as I know, and refusal to take the test can spell curtains for the employee.
I am in a quasi-regulatory role, and not subject to the same rules as company employees.
However others in my extended biosecurity industry, particularly at the airport, are subjected to drug and alcohol testing, and given the consequences of non-performance due to substance abuse - fair enough.
Urinating with your back turned to someone, even if in the nude, is not overly hard for someone who is partially or reasonably recovered, particularly once you are fluid-loaded.
And even self-catheterisation could be used if you can't handle such close proximity, although this is rarely practiced amongst Australian paruretics.
I can't see this ever becoming "mainstream" however, in the Australian work-force in the near future.
Thanks for the article, Rossco.
Derek