SYDNEY AP SUPPORT GROUP MEETING –My experiences – 7thMay

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
rossco309

SYDNEY AP SUPPORT GROUP MEETING –My experiences – 7thMay

Post by rossco309 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 pm

For various reasons I had not been able to attend the last 2 meetings, so it was great to be able to meet up again with fellow sufferers of avoidant paruresis who wish to continue down the recovery road.

I started my night by avoiding going to the toilet before I left home and drank 600ml of water while travelling in by train to the city. I then window shopped around the QVB and successfully peed in the upstairs QVB urinal toilet (referred to by chas in his reply post "Sydney Venues' to the post 'Introduction' by peeshy87). I also started to drink my second 600ml bottle of water at this point.
I then went to Cascade Café and had a light tea at 6.30pm with 2 cups of tea. As I had about 15mins to fill in before the meeting I visited the Food Court toilet at the southern end of the station and was successful, after a short delay, to pee in the urinal bowls with dividers even though this toilet block was very busy with people everywhere.
At 7.30pm four of us met up outside Cascade Café and started our desensitization work for about the next hour visiting all the local venues and chatting about how we were all coping with our paruresis.
I had no trouble starting in any of the venues tonight which was a great feeling. I travelled the 55mins home by train from another successful night, and glad I had made the effort to attend.

How are all the other Sydney AP group members going with your recovery progress?
Last edited by rossco309 on Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek

Re: SYDNEY AP SUPPORT GROUP MEETING –My experiences – 7thMay

Post by Derek » Sat May 09, 2009 12:01 pm

G'day Rossco,
Keep up the good work mate.
Hope to attend the Sydney Support Groups in June and July at this stage have it pencilled in.
By the way it was "chas" who responded to peeshy87's introductory post down below.
He also made the observation that the cubicles weren't real flash at the pissoir bowl urinal toilets, which I had never noticed before!
Best wishes, Derek