Introduction

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
peeshy87

Introduction

Post by peeshy87 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:35 am

Hi guys,

I'm new to the board and just wanted to say hello to you all. I stumbled across the site while looking for information on just what exactly was wrong with me. I am happy to have found a group that is aimed at helping people to overcome their shy bladder syndrome.

A little background information on myself, I'm 21 and in Sydney - I have had a shy bladder for as long as I can remember. I can typically use a restroom if there is enough background noise and there is no one else really in it. Although my experiences differ from restroom to restroom, and even in completely empty bathrooms I may be unable to 'go'. I have never been able to use a urinal, so it's somewhat of a goal.

Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you in the near future and gain some experience and wisdom in this field from your collective knowledge!

chas

Sydney venues

Post by chas » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:44 am

Have you tried the first floor QVB, down the ABC shop end? Good for training with the four urinals in a circle. The two cubicles are a challenge to the true shy bladder with doors which are not full height and stop way to short of the floor. This arrangement was a very 'cruel' construction in old government buildings in Brisbane where I worked for many years. Others could see your feet and head 'pointing' in the wrong direction if you tried to use the cubicle standing up.

All the best from a slow recoverer with still too many failures.