melb support group..

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
gdr

melb support group..

Post by gdr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 pm

hi...my name is gary and i to have be suffering from Paruresis for a long time, only now is it becoming a major issue, due to my kids growing up and now i'am running out of excuses for not going out.....not that i'am looking for the love of my life, but at 45 years old, it's time for me to start going out again and socilizing...the problem is (as anyone with this problem will know) the popular venues are just that...popular!!!

i went out several weeks ago and when i needed to go to the toilet i spent more time watching the stream of men walking in and out of the loo....i didn't even bother trying, so i just when home early.....so, i've got to fix this....

unfortunatly i just missed out on the melbourne seminar, i havn't seen any feed back on the site as yet, but can anyone tell me if there is a support group active in melb, or maybe a few of us can get together and work on this problem together.....

i have read the Shy Bladder Syndrome, and know the importance of working with someone you can trust(and like most suffer's) we keep this to ourselfs..

my mobile is in my details on this site and would love to chat to othe men who are in this predicament and hopefully get together and turn our lifes around....

gary...

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: melb support group..

Post by JohnW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Gary,
Welcome to this website!
There is certainly a Melbourne support group. The leader is George, and you can email him:
antipodes7@yahoo.com.au
I wish you all the best in seeking to get into recovery. For most sufferers it's a long-term thing, unfortunately, but it is worth the effort. Pity you missed the Melbourne workshop. A pity too that no-one who attended it has reported on it here.
JohnW

Darren

Re: melb support group..

Post by Darren » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Gary,

It is great if you can get to a workshop or a support group meeting, but you don't need to wait around for those things to happen before you get started.

You've read the book, so get out to a shopping centre or somewhere comfortable and start practicing on your own. Ultimately, people will support you but no one else can help you except yourself!

Cheers.