Brisbane support group- Anyone interested?

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Nick

Re: Brisbane support group- Anyone interested?

Post by Nick » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am keen on getting together with others to try and overcome paruresis. I'm 25, live near brissie and have used cubicals my whole life, avoiding urinals. I recently changed jobs and tried to use the urinals but just coudn't go. I've tried and tried but nothing. I went to the doc. incase it was something more serious but he said it was likely to be shy bladder sydrome and recommended a few websites. Since finding out what the problem is i can't use cubicals now unless i'm sitting down! It's getting worse. I've talked about it to the lady and she's helped to some degree and feel embarassed to talk about it with my mates. It would be good to talk to someone going through it as well. Somethimes I laugh about it but other days it really bothers me. It would be nice not to have to think hard about having a piss!

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 am

Hi Nick,

Welcome to our chat page. You need to get hold of a copy of " Shy Bladder Syndrome" by Steven Soifer and read it to fully understand Paruresis and the desensitisation practice required to overcome it. The book may be in your local library or you can buy a copy online through Booktopia Bookshop. It costs about some $30 plus but well worth the money.

There seems to be a group starting to form in the Brissie area for you to talk and practice with. Just being able to talk through your problems with others that understand is a big step forward.

Regards, Ross ( Sydney AP Support Group)

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks Ross,

It's the first time talking to anyone apart from my partner about it so it good to get it off my chest.
Slept we'll afterwards which was good! I have visited a few other websites etc. to get a bit more info. but i'll look into that book.

Regards, Nick

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Hello Nick,
I'd be interested in catching up with you to have a chat. I've met up recently with another paruretic in Brisbane, the first time I've ever shared the problem with another 'sufferer'. We had a good talk and a few laughs as we shared our experiences. I've sent you a personal message via this web site. I hope it worked. If it didn't, please put another posting here and I'll have another go.
Cheers
Bruce

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello guys!

I met with Bruce a couple of weeks ago to chat about shy bladder. We both seemed pretty much on the same page about forming a group of people who wanted to chat about it and practice some of the recovery methods outlined in Steven Soifer's book. It'd be great if we had any other Brisbane suffers who wanted to join us.

Adam

damos4000

Post by damos4000 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi guys
i live in Brisbane and would be keen to catch up with fellow sufferers. Im 26 and pretty much had it the whole of my life.

Derek

Post by Derek » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 pm

One would hope that after all this interaction that a Brisbane Support Group is finally up and running.

johng

Post by johng » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Potholes
Is there any development of the Brisbane based group. I live 1.5 hours from brisbane but would attend.
Yours sincerely
johng

jrch1985

Post by jrch1985 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi,

Keen to see if this is up and running and what is involved (I.e: general chat about the issue or peeing in front of each other etc.).

I'm keen to address this problem. I have always known I had the problem, but it really struck me today when I walked into the bathroom at work today, all stalls taken and a row of 3 urinals with a guy standing atthe middle one. Trying to not be obvious I took to the urinal trying to pee. I stood there for what felt like forever with my junk out, hoping it would happen... But didn't until he left. My issue is compounded by the fact that when I either try and force it out, or am busting to pee, I have a bad habit of getting an erection. I'm not sure what to do....

The weird thing is, I'm not shy.... I like to get nude, but the peeing thing I can find very difficult in public...

Jeremy

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

I would like to fly over for a weekend and meet someone to talk to about my paruresis. It has gotten better I could not pee with anyone in the toilet to now sometimes being able to pee with someone there i was doing really well then i had a setback now only 50% chance of peeing with someone else in the toilet and sometimes only certain toilets. I try to keep a log but yer sometimes other things get in the way my email address is whynottrythisATLIVE.COM and feel free to pm thanks