opinions

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
onlyafool

opinions

Post by onlyafool » Sat May 12, 2012 2:09 am

Ok, I have been suffering with paruresis all my life i want everyones take i can only go if noone else is in the toilet is that the same as everyone else?
Those who are cured what worked for you? Also having trouble finding decent employment where i can use my own toilet thanks

Derek

Re: opinions

Post by Derek » Sun May 13, 2012 9:49 am

Onlyafool -that by definition is what Paruesis is - ie only being able to use the toilet when nobody else is around.
Unfortunately you will be dead lucky to find a place of employment whereby you have your own private toilet.
This would probably only happen if you are self-employed (which I have been in the past, and am sure other APérs are due to AP), or have an unusual government job like I do where you have your own private shower and toilet.
I don't like the word ""cured"" - only few achieve this, but it can be very substantially reduced if you find the right support and right frame of mind.

onlyafool

Re: opinions

Post by onlyafool » Sun May 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Yer i know that just places less likely to have many people there and such. Self employment isnt a bad idea what helps for paruresis ive tried breath holding and having no progress?