18 and Clubbing, HELP ME!

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
onlyafool

Re: 18 and Clubbing, HELP ME!

Post by onlyafool » Wed May 09, 2012 1:24 am

didn't know the breathhold worked i thought it was garbage i may have to try that

chippy

Post by chippy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 am

yeah mate it definitly works, i kinda realised i do it quite often without realising, i think the body knows if ya get me. when i didnt know about parureses id always hold my breath if i was going to misfire. kinda like instinct , but if u control it it works much better.

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm

I looked it up really differant, some people say they have to be at the toilet before they take a breath others say you walk up to the toilet holding your breath whats your take on this ive been quite bad with this all my life only just really found out what it was

chippy

Post by chippy » Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 am

well when it worked for me i was outside peeing on a tree, well trying. and i knew about the technique and jst tried it, started holding my breathe and just kept holding it till ure lings start to move sorta thing and i just felt it coming, you gotta hold your breathe pretty well and for a decent time. it will be uncomfortable but it works, i practice it at home alot now, when practising try go with without a full bladder, cause at your own home you should beable to go normally. so if u arent in need of it so bad the breathe hold can bring it on, therefore u are practising with results.

onlyafool

Post by onlyafool » Fri May 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Okay ive been practicing at home sure to try out when people are around, Also when im desperate ive been able to go sitting down its not a good thing but if your desperate and have a missfire its one to try.

Leon

Post by Leon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 am

Hey Chippy,
Your story reminds me of how I was 10 years ago when I started going out. I know how holding a full bladder sucks when your having good night out. I never let it ruin a good time so just waited for the cubicles, or would even duck out of the club and go for a quick stroll by myself to somewhere quiet to take a slash. Back then I never understood I had Paruresis, and never realised it was a problem lots of people suffer from until years later.
You're pretty lucky coz like John said youth is on your side so at least you can turn it around and within a few years you will be at the pub pissing next to your mates (in the urinal hopefully :D ).

Goodluck
Leon