List of good toilets for exposure practice

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
Derek

Re: List of good toilets for exposure practice

Post by Derek » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 pm

McDonald's, Camden has two bowl urinals with high (2 metre) and wide dividers, with only one cubicle that was also relatively private. NO trouble there.
This is a relatviely new Macca's, was not there 12 months ago when I was down there for the same reason (giving a university lecture to students).
By contrast, Macca's Muswellbrook, had two low bowl urinals (probably lower than the average "boy's" height urinals), and one cubicle.
This totally "threw" me recently, and I had to use the cubicle.
I always feel funny about using bowls that are designated for boys anyway, it goes back to the bad old days of being overly considerate and totally submissive when paruresis was at it's worst.
For the most part now, those feelings are gone, we don't owe any non-paruretic prick any favours.
I make it a point that I will NEVER, EVER acknowledge, or communciate in anyway with any non-paruretic in a public toilet situation.

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Today I found another McDonalds with an excellent layout in Sydney.

It is the big, fairly new one on General Holmes Drive, Mascot, just before you get to the airport when driving north. I had to pickup a friend and as I was running early so stopped for a coffee and toasted sandwich. I had about a 6/10 urgency so decided to checkout the mens room. To my surprise there was one cubicle and also two urinal bowls, well spaced at 90 degrees to each other. With the walls either side it felt as though you had dividers. It is a fairly compact room but nevertheless I was able to empty out with no anxiety at all in a urinal.

Recommended to try if you are driving out Mascot way.

Derek

Post by Derek » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:58 pm

rossco309 wrote:Today I found another McDonalds with an excellent layout in Sydney.

It is the big, fairly new one on General Holmes Drive, Mascot, just before you get to the airport when driving north. I had to pickup a friend and as I was running early so stopped for a coffee and toasted sandwich. I had about a 6/10 urgency so decided to checkout the mens room. To my surprise there was one cubicle and also two urinal bowls, well spaced at 90 degrees to each other. With the walls either side it felt as though you had dividers. It is a fairly compact room but nevertheless I was able to empty out with no anxiety at all in a urinal.

Recommended to try if you are driving out Mascot way.
I was down in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and went into it with relatively low urgency, this one is on the north-bound side.
It is quite unusual, in that not only are the two bowl urinals at 90 degrees on different walls, the wall extends back between them quite substantially.
The first bowl urinal is also at 180 degrees to the door opening, but a high and wide divider ensures that this is a private bowl - protected from direct exposure to those just entering the public toilet.
Well spotted Rossco.

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 am

The Sydney Support Group has found that the toilets in the new/refurbished Westfield building at Sydney Tower, are well laid our and have almost full length dividers between their urinal bowls. These toilets were very busy at last Thursdays practice session, and apart from us getting lost finding our way there, all agreed they were well worth the walk. The toilet on Level 4 is directly opposite the entry doors to Sydney Tower lifts.

Ross.

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Travelling Again out West...

Western Plains Zoo at Dubbo.
I was pleased to find that the toilets at the main entrance-cafe-ticket area had 3 urinal bowls with full length dividers. Quite a modern large room with 4 cubicles as well. Quite a busy area but no worries here...

It's great to be able to travel around the place without having to worry about your next toilet stop. What a difference to five years ago!!!

Keep up that desensitisation practice...It does pay dividends...

Damian

Post by Damian » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Top Ryde shopping centre has a good fairly quiet loo at the northern end.
Right near the kids play area next to the coffee shop.

Lots of stalls and opposite them urinals with dividers.

Derek

Post by Derek » Mon May 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Rennovations at local shopping centre - Stockland Greenhills (East Maitland) - now have dividers at the Big W end.
There are 5 bowl urinals (one boy's height one), that are well spaced between them and have about 1.3 metre high dividers.
The main one near the Food Court has an L-shaped urinal, with a grill, that is 3 man on one side and 2 man on the other side of the L.
Was there this morning for practice session and had a successful run at all amenities.
Was "thrown" when had to use "Staff toilets" - that had a tight 2-2 1/2-man trough and an older man there with his legs spread, one arm against the wall and hogging the urinal. Used the cubicle next to him with no probs.
A reminder if anyone lives in the Hunter or Newcastle area - send me a Private Message or my direct email is:
meade.derek@yahoo.com.au
Good luck to all.

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Update on an earlier post on this topic.

Just stopped again at South Goulbourn McDonalds. Their bathrooms have been recently renovated and modernised.
The 3 urnal bowls now have 3/4 length dividers and are well spaced to give you plenty of privacy.

Recommend you give this a practice try when travelling south from Sydney.

Ross

rossco309

Post by rossco309 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Travelling South from Sydney again !!!

The McDonalds at Yass Service centre on the Hume Expressway has been modernised.
The toilets there would be one of the best layouts I’ve seen for some time.
A large room with 5 urinal bowls, well spaced, with almost full height dividers. On the wall behind are 4 cubicles.

A great place to stop and practice halfway between Sydney and Albury. (You don't have to buy any food!!) :)