My Experience With Paruresis

Ask questions about Paruresis, tell your story, talk about it!
ADL81

My Experience With Paruresis

Post by ADL81 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 am

Hi All,

I’m a 37 year old guy who has suffered with Paruresis fir as long as I can remember. I guess it goes hand in hand with the Social Anxiety Disorder.

I’ve made some progress with the Paruresis recently, which is great although I have a long way to go. I use urinals most of the time now but only if no one else is using it. However I can not use a urinal in a quiet public toilet if anyone is in a stall either. Toilets with music are fine though.

The biggest problem is work. The toilets at work are very quiet and quite often there is always people in a cubicle, sitting very silently for long periods of time. I cannot even go in a stall in this instance. If the toilets are noisy and busy then I can urinate in the stall. It feels so crazy and complicated, and all this can change depending on my stress and anxiety levels! Before finding out about Paruresis online I felt like I was the only one who was like this.

Anyway, thanks for accepting my join request John and I hope to interact with you all on here!

JohnW
Site Admin

Re: My Experience With Paruresis

Post by JohnW » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 am

Welcome to our Forum!
You will find great help in regular support work. I also recommend next year's weekend workshop.

JohnW